Academic Presentation (Un) Standards
We would like to propose an untypical – but more and more popular even outside architecture and design worlds – PowerPoint presentation format for this academic conference. Thus, we would like to encourage interactive paper sessions, like engaging chit chat to encourage dialogue and response.
20 illustrated slides X 20 seconds
Pecha Kucha presentations forces concision in speaking AND listening by avoiding text-heavy slides – but demands less preparation work than a TEDx speech! We then invite you to share only certain ideas and thoughts on your topic, to get to spark for listeners.
- Send your final extended abstract ASAP
- Read all the abstracts of your session – as a presenter or a listener!
- Carefully choose and show 20 images – as a storyline, each for 20 seconds
- Automatize the advancement of images that you talk along to the images
- Don’t use too much text and avoid bullet points